is a type of new residency visa . Which was announced for the first time in September 2021. The visa also allows its holder to reside in the UAE for a period of 5 years. It is the green residence in the UAE Part of an integrated course of the residency system in the United Arab Emirates . All of them are based on the formation of a new cycle of national strategic projects. Therefore, it provides different advantages to the green residency system in the Emirates for its holders compared to the regular residence visa .
Advantages of green residency in the UAE :
The UAE offers many advantages to holders of a green residence visa in the UAE compared to regular residence visas. Among the advantages of residency :
- The state provides a residence permit for unmarried women
- A grace period of up to 6 months after the expiration or cancellation of the residence permit
- The validity period of residence for a family member is the same as that of the original residence visa holder
- Simplify the procedures for bringing in family members of residents of the UAE,
- Obtaining residence permits of all kinds, including spouses, children and first-degree relatives
- Raising the age of children to 25 years, after it was only 18 years old
- Granting children of people of determination a residence permit with their parents, regardless of age
- The validity period of residence for a family member is the same as that of the original residence visa holder .
Categories of green residence in the UAE :
It facilitates the attraction of investors, skilled workers, businessmen, and even self-employed, and sheds light on the categories covered by the green visa and its holder in the UAE. There have been qualitative updates on the beneficiary groups until they reach a flexible grace period of up to 6 months after residency is canceled or expired within the UAE. as follows :
- Green residence for the skilled worker .
The green residency allows the skilled worker to allocate new paths in its system, and its duration is up to 5 years for employment, and you can renew it without a specific work and without an owner, and the residency was separated from work to facilitate transitional procedures for residency holders and enhance the flexibility of the labor market. It also includes the requirements for obtaining green residency . as follows :
- skilled worker has obtained a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- To be among the skilled workers who obtained the first or second professional level from the Ministry of Human Resources .
- The monthly salary is not less than 15 thousand dirhams
- The worker obtains a work permit in the UAE according to a valid work contract .
- Green residence for self-employment
The worker is also introduced to self-employment in the residence system in the UAE, with the aim of encouraging work patterns. of between it
- While the worker obtains a free work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation .
- The minimum educational level should be a bachelor’s degree .
- The annual income from self-employment for the previous two years is not less than 360 thousand UAE dirhams .
- The applicant must prove his financial ability throughout his stay in the country
- The duration of this residence permit is up to 5 years, renewable for a similar period or periods
- Green residence for the investor or partner
The green residence for the investor is the basic residence required to start or participate in a commercial activity, as it includes approval of investment and proof of its value or partnership in the event that there is more than one license, and the total invested capital must be in fulfilling the prescribed percentage, and it also replaces the investor’s previous residence that It is valid for two years .
- Green residence for students
can obtain a green residence visa for a period of no less than two years, and the guarantor must be from educational institutions licensed within the UAE .
- Green residence to live and settle in the United Arab Emirates .
- visa is not less than 5 years, so it includes many categories. They are :
- foreign work
- default work
- Retired work
An investor residence application form in Dubai